Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Random Things

High-pitched yelping scream.

Friend: "What was that?"
Me: "Oh, that was the cats chasing the dog."
Friend: "Oh...?"
Me: "Yeah, I know. I have really wimpy dogs."

Also, my cat Foxy made me laugh until I cried the other day - she's the only one of my cats that can do so. Basically, we have a big kitchen full of stacked drawers and with a big center island. She's very talented at opening drawers when she wants to get in them, because they're easy to open.

Anyway, she opened the top drawer and dug around in there for a while, then tried to jump from the drawer to the center island, but easy-opening drawers also make for easy-closing ones, and the drawer slammed shut as she jumped. She sailed over and smacked belly-first onto the edge of the island, her back legs scrabbling madly, before she slid off and landed in a little heap on the floor. Naturally, being a cat and proud like that, she immediately pretended that she had meant to do that all along.

No comments: