Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Europe and Conversations with Mom

So I just now got home from Europe, which was quite an adventure! We went to Amsterdam on business (horse shopping!), and as a consolation prize because Holland was coooolld, we swung over to Rome for a couple days on our ways back. It's past midnight now, and I've missed a night's sleep already since it's like eight in the morning in Amsterdam, so I don't think I'll say a lot tonight except Rome was utterly, completely, astonishingly amazing. So amazing, in fact, that there are simply no words adequate enough to use.

I'll elaborate tomorrow after I've slept for at least twelve hours, but to tide you all over I'll leave you with a tidbit...

Holland Countryside, in the back seat of the car. Mom was sleeping, leaning against the window. Her shoulder looked quite comfortable, so I leaned against her.

Me: "Does it hurt your back when I put my head on your shoulder?"
Mom: "No, she's on the roof taking down the Christmas lights."
Me: long pause
Me: "What are you talking about?"
Mom: "I don't know, what are you talking about?"
Me: "Does it hurt to put my head on your shoulder?"
Mom: "No. What did I say?"
Me: (Laughing) "Something about taking down the Christmas lights."

We both promptly died of laughter. Hee.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Is that why your blog's been so quiet??? More details, please! Love, Deb